Continuously seeking creative ways to connect with your audiences and keep up with the latest trends but feeling constrained by a tight budget, fewer staff, and regulatory requirements? Generative AI can help.
This technology analyzes large amounts of data from social media, customer reviews, and other resources and uses that data to identify your audiences’ behavior patterns. Using generative AI to spark your creative process, you can then fine-tune whatever it generates, incorporating your own unique brand elements and style to develop personalized content that speaks to your audiences’ needs and pain points. Generative AI can also help you polish your existing content to better meet your marketing goals.
What Are the Benefits of Generative AI in Marketing?
To help healthcare marketers create informative and engaging websites, blogs, emails, social media posts, scripts, video testimonials, advertising campaigns, and more, generative AI uses natural language processing algorithms and large language models that access large data sets of existing content. By analyzing the styles and patterns of engaging content that performs well in the markets you are trying to reach, generative AI generates text, images, and videos that can be used for marketing.
Generative AI analyzes data that represents customer behaviors, needs, preferences, and demographics, so if you specify certain audiences in your inputs, it can generate personalized content that improves your chances of reaching and engaging the right people. You can also use generative AI’s market research and insights to make decisions about what strategies might prove most effective based on market trends; demand for specific specialties, innovative technology, and wellness resources; and healthcare consumer behavior.
Using generative AI can save healthcare marketing teams time and resources they would otherwise spend on intense research and data analysis, making your content creation process more efficient. Keep in mind that any generated content should be reviewed for accuracy and timeliness and tailored to fit your brand voice and incorporate the human element so essential to healthcare.
While you can’t rely on it completely, generative AI can inspire your team’s innate creativity by generating headlines, concepts, and designs that you may not have previously considered but can now use as a jumping-off point for your own ideas.
How Generative AI Can Support Faster, More Efficient Healthcare Marketing
Generative AI can help you better understand the needs and preferences of your clinical and patient audiences and create personalized content that compels them to choose your hospital, health system, or practice. Providing this kind of customized content helps you establish your healthcare institution as a reliable source of information, building trust and loyalty to your brand and your current and future care offerings.
Whether you are looking to generate more engaging social media posts to attract potential patients or create informative articles or blog posts for healthcare professionals to keep your hospital or health system top of mind when they are ready to refer patients, generative AI can help you do it faster and more efficiently.
Because generative AI can analyze data from scientific research, clinical trials, and patient records, it can also help you create content that highlights positive patient outcomes, treatment benefits, and safety, which would be of high value to both healthcare provider and patient audiences.
Of course, you must ensure your use of generative AI complies with data privacy laws, like HIPAA, so any AI-assisted content that includes real patient data would need to be reviewed by your legal and/or regulatory teams before publication.
Tips for Using Generative AI as Part of a Healthcare Marketing Strategy
Integrating generative AI into your marketing strategy can be an effective way to engage with your patient and clinical audiences, allowing you to create personalized experiences and drive brand awareness and loyalty. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your AI usage:
- Be as descriptive as possible in your prompts, highlighting what you know about your audiences’ needs and preferences and defining specific goals for the content you want to produce.
- Use the insights generative AI offers to personalize your content as much as possible. Think interactive educational resources that respond to the needs you now know current and prospective patients have, social media posts offering timely health recommendations, or blog posts for healthcare providers that highlight patient success stories.
- Check in regularly with your provider audience to ensure that your AI-generated or AI-augmented content is accurate and reliable.
- Ensure that your generative AI systems comply with relevant regulations and implement security measures to protect people’s data, and remember that all content with real patient data will require regulatory/legal review.
- Be transparent with your audiences when AI-generated content is being used, and make sure all content aligns with your hospital or health system’s ethical guidelines. Doing so means both your provider and patient audiences can rely on you as a trustworthy resource for information.
- Monitor the performance of your AI-augmented campaigns and ask for feedback from your audiences. Then, refine your content and marketing strategies based on your findings.
- Stay up to date on the latest generative AI technologies and trends, as well as trends in the healthcare industry, so you can take advantage of opportunities to better engage your audiences and stand out from your competitors.
- Make sure everything you produce with the help of generative AI still aligns with your brand voice, mission, and values. Your goal is to remain authentic while improving the strength and reach of your audience relationships.
Personalize your healthcare content and campaigns to better respond to your audiences’ needs – and save precious time in the process. Ready to learn more about how generative AI can augment your marketing strategy? Reach out to LIGHTSTREAM today.